Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Day 3 - Color


 My favorite color is pink! I used to hate pink but when I got pregnant with Gordon, everything had to be pink. All of the sudden, I was THAT girl and wanted pink everything. It's kind of stuck for the last 18 years. 

Colors bring life to everything. Right now, the seasons are changing and the leaves are gorgeous. My drives to and from work have become colorful masterpieces as I come over hills and see all the different trees. I love the season of fall for that reason. I love to see the beautiful tree in our front yard as it's turned this amazing reddish-orange color and the leaves fall to the ground turning our little front yard a blanket of red. Not for nothing but I'm also glad that there is only one tree in our entire yard so that I don't have to rake that many leaves! 

The question though is what color am I most thankful for and I have to say it's not one color. The colors that I'm most thankful for are all the colors of the rainbow. The rainbow symbolizes so much in my life. God's promise, of course, to never destroy the Earth with floods again. It's a symbol of grace, the grace that He has given us, and the grace that we should remember to give others. 

The rainbow is most often a sign of hope. They come after storms to brighten the Earth and to bring us to hope for a brighter day and time. 

The rainbow brings a sense of peace to many members of my family. The symbol of the rainbow lets them know that they are safe in their LGBTQ+ place. The rainbow flag represents the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community and when my family members see it, they know that they are in a judgment-free zone; they know that they are with safe people in their community. 

I forever want my family members to feel safe and to be safe. So for that reason, I cannot be thankful for just one color, I shall be thankful for all of the colors of the rainbow that make this world what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment