Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Day 1 - Someone


 Someone posted a "Happiness Gratitude Challenge" for the month of November and I've decided to try to do it as blog posts. Yes, lots of people jump on the "November Grateful" posts. Doing this in November certainly doesn't mean that I'm only grateful in November. I'm a day behind already so I'll try for two today. Yep, that's how my November is already going...

There are so many people I'm grateful for that it's really hard to post about just one. I have an amazing family, great friends, fantastic co-workers, and co-conspirators. I have a wonderful support system and so I for sure am grateful to all of them. Since the challenge says "someONE", I'm going to highlight this superhuman that doesn't get nearly enough credit! 

Words cannot truly express how thankful I am for my husband. He truly is my better half. Steven pushes me to be a better person. He sees good in me when I can't and he reminds me of the things that are truly important in this world. 



He chose me, he chooses me. He stands beside me when things are hard and he stands beside me when things are fantastic. He picks up when I have to put down and he holds me when I can't hold myself. 

Steve and I have been through a LOT in the past 21 years. There has been heartache and tears. There has been grief that has seemed unmanageable. He hasn't always wanted to be right here with me but he stuck in there. Hell, I haven't always wanted to be right here but we make it work. We choose to make it work. He chooses to not give up. Marriage isn't always easy and it's okay that not everyone shows up every single day. It's showing back up that works for me. 

I will forever be thankful for the father that he has chosen to be to our children. I am thankful for the father that he chose to be to our nieces and nephew. I am beyond thankful for the Poppa that he chooses to be to our Tiny Human. 

It has been a beautiful journey watching him grow and growing with him. He has conquered so much in his life and seeing him overcome the challenges in his life has been inspiring. He has pushed and pushed and it's been a true joy to see him reach his goals and get to be one of his biggest cheerleaders! 

I could go on about the ways in which I'm thankful for my hubby. How he makes the bed in the morning and I know he does it just because he's thinking of me. How thankful I am when I wake up in the middle of the night with his arm around me. How thankful I am when I'm sick or just exhausted and can't do one more thing and he just takes over. 

Day 1 (done on day 2) of being thankful. My someone is Steve, my husband, my friend, my co-conspirator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment