Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Day 2 - Hobby

 A hobby I'm thankful for. I actively participate in two. I crochet and I cross-stitch. Each brings me joy. 

I love to make blankets for people. I don't do anything fancy but I like the simple stitches that piece together, row after row, that I hope will bring comfort and warmth to the person it's intended for. I am grateful for the skill to be able to do so. 

I am thankful for the ability to sit with my family and crochet mindlessly and still be able to pay attention to what is going on around me, still be able to capture the laughs and gasps from them as whatever drama or comedy unfolds on the TV. It requires less focus on the project and I'm grateful that it helps me be present in my living room with them. 

I struggle with that sometimes. Being present with my family when they are just watching TV or playing video games. Crocheting allows me a slight distraction to keep me more present. It also keeps my hands busy and then I snack less! :) 

I am thankful for the ability to cross-stitch as well. I don't do that as much as I'd like as it's more intensive and less easy to do as I'm sitting with the family watching TV. It requires more focus. It pulls my attention away from being present with them as much but keeps me in the same room, which I guess matters as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment