Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

With Me

You walk with me every step I take. You are with me with every breath I take. You are with me in every decision I make. You are with me in everything I do. A moment does not go by that I don't miss you. You are with me in every move I make. 

There is not a moment that I don't I wish you were here. There is not a moment that I think my life is better without you. I am not "stuck" in the loss of you, even though there are times that life is crippling without you. I have accepted that you are gone for now. I have accepted that your new place in my life is in my spirit. 

Everything we had together, everything we did together, everything we meant to each other is still there for me. Everything I have felt for you is still there. Everything...the anger, the love, the disappointments, the laughter, the emotion. All of those things shape who I am today. All of those things shape who I will be tomorrow and the next day and the next. 

I don't regret having you, even if it meant losing you. I understand that you were brought into my life to teach me things about myself and to teach  me things about other people in life. I understand that losing you teaches me new things about myself and about other people in life. I regret no experience with you. I regret none of the good things because it has taught me to be who I am. I regret none of the bad things because it has taught me to appreciate all of the good. 

I don't believe that you will ever not be with me. I believe that you will forever be in my spirit because you were a part of my life. I believe that some day we will be together again. In a different life, in life after death, in whatever becomes of us. I believe I will hold you and be held by you again. I believe that we will laugh together again. I believe that we will cry together again. I believe that our lives are not over together simply because we're not physically together anymore. 

I believe that you are with me. Always and forever. I promised to always be there for you, and I am. Always and forever. You know where to find me and I know where to find you. Always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment