Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Not Resolutions

 I feel like the phrase New Year's Resolutions puts an enormous amount of pressure on people. If you're like me and already feel that the weight of the world is putting enough pressure on you, the last thing you need is to create more for yourself. 

That being said, I do have some areas that I need to work on for myself. Not just this new year but in general and I feel like there is no time like the present to get started on them. 

In the middle of December I joined a gym. I was reading some of my "fb memories" and realized just how much I got from going to the gym every day. That seems like a million years ago but I remember feeling accomplished and proud of myself and more full of life. I haven't actually gone yet because...thanks, bronchitis...but hopefully this week will be the week. 

I'm beginning this journey with the R3 method. I can't really tell you a whole lot about it yet because I'm still learning it but meal replacements will be a part of it and from what I can tell it's mostly high protein and low carbs and that has worked really well for me in the past. 

I have also decided that it's time for me start seeing a new therapist. I broke up with my last one when most of my sessions turned out to be about her and her constant push to get my hubby to start seeing a therapist. She may have been right but that has to be decided by him and shouldn't be the focus of my therapy. I am okay. I just have some things I need to work on. It's harder to smile more days than I want it to be. There's a lot in my life that I cannot control so I need to get a better handle on the things that I can. I want to be the person I used to see myself being and I struggle to do that easily lately. My family doctor said to me that he "wishes me the wisdom to own what is mine and let go of what isn't." I apparently need some help with that as I know that I'm owning a lot of things that aren't mine. 

I'm sure that along this journey there will be many posts about the gym, weight management and self-growth posts. Bear with me...or unfollow me...lol. This is where it starts for me. We'll see what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment