Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year

 New Year's has come and gone. 

Tai had surgery yesterday and Rileigh and I have been sick so we cancelled any company coming over and kept it small. We still had way too much food but that's kind of how it goes here. There is always a lot of food. Traditionally we smoke a turkey and go to HyVee cheese section and get some fun stuff and have crackers and yummies. We did the same this year and agreed that we were not going to go overboard. Well, we tried. 


To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to NYE so it really didn't bother me that we were not going out with a lot of people. I wanted it small so I didn't have to "fake" celebrating in the moments that I experienced anxious about upcoming year and sadness to be leaving behind some great times in 2020.  There were a LOT of moments in 2020 that were amazing! There were also some extremely difficult moments in 2020 and will be thankful to not ever have to live them again. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" - Charles Dickens, The Tale of Two Cities. Never was there a more true statement or more accurate description of 2020. 

I don't know how 2021 is going to pan out. I don't know if I will successfully accomplish my "resolutions" or if they will be long forgotten soon. I do know that life is truly about balance and that we will survive through whatever the year brings. There will be great moments and moments of sadness. There will continue to be a balance of life no matter what happened last year and no matter what happens this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment